RE: Final Doc Review

Subject: RE: Final Doc Review
From: "Carnall, Jane" <Jane -dot- Carnall -at- compaq -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:48:00 -0000

>In our department, once our manuals are ready to print, the Tech. Pubs.
>Manager
>reviews the doc. for several "last minute" edits. We just changed managers
>and
>our new manager wants this to be done on-line (e.g., I give him the
printed
>doc, and he makes necessary changes right in the file.)

I wouldn't like the idea either. But Tasha's suggestions (ask him to switch
on Track Changes so that you can review his reviews and "learn what his
style is") sound good, though. And (speaking from bitter experience) however
new your manager is, he still gets to say how things get done. If he wants
to screw things up his way, make sure you have it on record (send him an
e-mail to confirm) that this is the way he wants it done, and then let him
do it.

Jane Carnall
Technical Writer, Compaq, UK
Unless stated otherwise, these opinions are mine, and mine alone.