Final Doc Review

Subject: Final Doc Review
From: Chris Fitzgerald <fitzgerald -at- di -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 12:17:48 -0800

In our department, once our manuals are ready to print, the Tech. Pubs. Manager
reviews the doc. for several "last minute" edits. We just changed managers and
our new manager wants this to be done on-line (e.g., I give him the printed
doc, and he makes necessary changes right in the file.)

I don't like this idea for several reasons:
1.The formatting is so sensitive (manual page breaks, screen sizes, etc.) that
a change of say an orphaned term would adjust the formatting.
2. Because he's so new to the company, I would like to see his redlines first
(e.g., He might think that something is incorrect even though it's not). I'm
also fairly new, but I know my material that I'm writing. He, on the other
hand, does not.

His argument is that it will save time. I would be for accepting this help, I
suppose, if I trusted his judgment.