RE: Info Mapping - Follow-up Discussion

Subject: RE: Info Mapping - Follow-up Discussion
From: "Christian, Cathy L" <Cathy -dot- Christian -at- PSS -dot- Boeing -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 08:53:09 -0800

> My question to everyone is this: are the principles of "information mapping"
> important in what we do (as writers) or has it been effectively marketed to
> make us think we need it?

The archives have a lot of material about Information Mapping - Check them out and your questions will be answered, I assure you! I took the course and have been using the principles in one form or another for over 10 years. But these principles really are about using common sense and knowing your audience. If you have no experience in tech writing IM will give you a good baseline - just don't get locked into the methodology, and be ready to customize as your experience grows.

Cathy Christian
Technical Writer,
Connexion by Boeing SM
425-393-9995
cathy -dot- christian -at- boeing -dot- com
Writing and Editing Services web site: