Framemaker toolbar configuration tool

Subject: Framemaker toolbar configuration tool
From: Dan Hall <Dan -at- cooper -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 10:10:04 -0800

(Cross-posted to Frameusers)

Hello all:

<background>
I'm a reasonably proficient user of FM. I'm comfortable modifying the FM ini
and config files (with backup <G>). One of my current responsibilities is
support of other writers (about 15) who are also FM users of varying skill
levels. These are folks who'd be more productive with some mods to their FM
interface, but who would definitely be daunted by editing configs with a
text editor.

I'm aware that there are a number of ways to modify the FM toolbar. I've
read (and tried) some of Shlomo Perets excellent customization tips, which I
found in the frameusers archives.
</background>

<question>
Is there a easy-to-use tool/interface for making these changes, or must they
be made through manual modifications to the ini and cfg files? I'm imagining
a kind of wizard/tool that I could distribute to the writers here at Cooper,
to allow them to customize FM on their own, which would keep me from having
to visit their workstations to customize things for them.

Has anyone on the list had experience with Finite Matters' Frametool
Toolbar? I looked into this , but the info available through their site
was... limited.

Any thoughts or ideas?
</question>

TIA
Dan Hall
dan -at- cooper -dot- com

The views expressed in this e-mail me are not necessarily those of Cooper
Interaction Design. They may be humorous / funny, or they could be ironic or
serious. Your mileage may vary. Read them with a grain of salt, I know that
I read your posts that way!