Scrambled Fonts - converting FrameMaker doc to PDF

Subject: Scrambled Fonts - converting FrameMaker doc to PDF
From: Alexis97229 -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 09:02:12 EST

I'd appreciate any info you can give me--

I have converted a FrameMaker document to PDF using Acrobat Distiller. I
pointed Distiller to my fonts folder on my hard drive to Include Arial Black
[a truetype font] in the resulting PDF document. Nothing works, and when you
view the document on-screen, the font always appears jaggedy. It prints out
okay, but most people will view this document on-screen [it's on a CD]. In
FrameMaker I specified a network printer to print to. Should I specify
Acrobat Distiller as the printer? [That didn't work before, for some reason,
so I specified a real printer.] I did take the step to include Arial Black as
one of the fonts on the fonts tab. I would change the style from something
besides Arial Black, but it is used for all Heading 1's in this 500 page
document, and it completely changes the pagination [the font is so large]. I
don't know what would be a good substitute for Arial Black; anyway, I haven't
found one that is the same size.

Thanks!

Alexis