.pdf files not displaying in reader

Subject: .pdf files not displaying in reader
From: "Paula B. Whitaker" <pbw3172 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 06:55:52 -0800 (PST)

I am having a problem with .pdf files in a website
portfolio. I have links to Word documents that I have
saved as .pdf files. The very first link that you
open, the .pdf file opens and displays in reader fine.
If you try to open another .pdf file, the .pdf file
does not open on the screen. It seems like its still
trying to download the file after several minutes. The
file size is not overly large (less than 1MB). Also,
when the file displays in the reader (Adobe Reader 4),
it always displays as 158%. Can this be adjusted?

I'm using Windows 98, Acrobat Reader 4. I created the
.pdf files Adobe Acrobat 3(or 3.1 but not the lastest
version).

Thanks for your help,
Paula
pbw3172 -at- yahoo -dot- com