RE: Web based application naming conventions

Subject: RE: Web based application naming conventions
From: Christine -dot- Anameier -at- seagate -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 17:25:09 -0600

Ronica Roth wrote: ". . . people often refer to "navigating" around a Web
site,
and I believe that people often think of a Web-based app as a Web site."

I'm just beginning to grapple with this exact issue myself. While I'm still
considering my options, I'm tentatively using "window" instead of "page."
My thinking is that people think of web pages as things that they read, but
applications as things that they use.

I'm currently documenting an application that has changed, in the new
version, from a regular .EXE to a web-based application. I'm trying to
minimize confusion by treating this as an application instead of a web
page. I could be wrong, but that's my 0.02 for now...

Christine Anameier