Invisible tables in Word?

Subject: Invisible tables in Word?
From: "Keith Cronin" <kcronin -at- DALEEN -dot- COM>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 09:47:03 -0800

Does anybody know - is there a way to ensure that a table in a Word doc
appears with the gridlines hidden, even when opened on somebody else's
computer? (I'm not just referring to the borders, but to the actual
gridlines of the table.)

I'm trying to use a table as one would when designing a Web page: to
control the placement of elements on a page, without it being obvious that
a table is being used. To do so, I eliminate the borders on the table, and
use Table, Hide Gridlines to make the grids disappear. Looks great, but
when I open it on another machine, the gridlines are visible.

Bottom line: I can set MY computer to hide gridlines, but is there a way
to force it to appear that way on an unknown machine? (BTW, I'm using Word
2000.)

Thanks in advance!

-Keith Cronin