OT: The honeymoon is over

Subject: OT: The honeymoon is over
From: Katherine Noftz Nagel <katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 19:12:28 -0500

Layoffs <sigh>. I'm safe for the time being, they say,
<begin background noise:
resumeupdates(click,clickety,click,ka-ching)>
but my boss will be gone by the end of next week and I'll be reporting to
one of the Engineering project managers. My least favorite project manager.
The one who won't let me bill his projects for half of the work I do for him
because "I looked at what you did and it couldn't have taken that long".
That guy. The Project Manager From Heck. I think I'm going to cry.

Meanwhile, my boss---the guy whose first words to me were "How do you like
to be managed?"---is looking for a job. Do you know anybody who needs an
experienced quality/regulatory affairs/project manager? This one is
is a gem.

Kat Nagel MasterWork Consulting Services, Rochester, NY
Technical writing/Editing/Document design/Web site development

Boss to disgruntled hippopotamus: "The bunny did not get the
job because the bunny is cute. The bunny got the job because
the bunny knows WordPerfect." /New Yorker cartoon 2/21/94

Sponsored by DigiPub Solutions Corp, producers of PDF 2001 Conference East, June 4-5, Baltimore/Washington D.C. area.