Re: Need to learn Adobe Acrobat TODAY

Subject: Re: Need to learn Adobe Acrobat TODAY
From: Jean Weber <jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 11:01:51 +1000

Joyce Fetterman wrote:

1. The HTML doc needs to be converted first. If anyone on the list has
experience doing an HTML-to-PDF conversion, will you please contact me
off-list? I'd be grateful for any hints you can offer.

FWIW, I've tested the Adobe Acrobat 4.05 "Web capture" facility which worked beautifully on any Web site that did NOT used css (cascading style sheets). It captured a css site okay but lost any formatting defined by the style sheet. (In some cases, of course, that wouldn't matter, but in others it definitely does.) I haven't taken the time to find out if I've missed a vital setting, or if there's a fix.

So I'm interested in the alternatives that others are mentioning in response to Joyce's request.

2. Can anyone recommend a good book to help me get started with Acrobat 4?
I'll go check the archives and the Amazon reviews, but a current
recommendation from a Whirler would be valuable. (Please copy me directly,
as I'm on digest -- joycef -at- gtsoftware -dot- com)

I liked Adobe's "Classroom in a Book" for Acrobat 3, and (although I haven't used it) I expect that the updated copy for Acrobat 4 would be just as good.

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
mailto:jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au
The Technical Editors' Eyrie http://www.wrevenge.com.au/
Avalook at Australia Travel site: http://www.avalook.com.au/

Sponsored by DigiPub Solutions Corp, producers of PDF 2001 Conference East, June 4-5, Baltimore/Washington D.C. area.