finding help on JavaHelp

Subject: finding help on JavaHelp
From: John Wilcox <jwilcox -at- tcsi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 16:34:25 -0800

As David Knopf stated, there are apparently no classes being offered on
the subject of deploying JavaHelp. So maybe there's a book? As David
states on his excellent web site:

> Recommended Reading
> There are currently no third-party books on JavaHelp. However, O'Reilly
> and Associates has a JavaHelp book scheduled for publication in June
> 2000.

I see on oreilly.com that this did come to pass:

> Creating Effective JavaHelp
> By Kevin Lewis
> June 2000
> 1-56592-719-2, Order Number: 7192
> 184 pages, $29.95

I'd sure like to get some feedback about this book (there are no reviews
of it on oreilly.com.) Has anyone read it? If so, how helpful was it?
Do you think it provided better coverage/detail than the JavaHelp User
Guide that comes with JH?

FFI: The press release and the HTML version of Chapter 5 are available
at http://press.oreilly.com/javahelp.html.

P.S. for others interested in the book: It's offered at $17.95 on
bookpool.com, but they're out of stock. Next best price is $20.50 at
a1books.com (that's a one, not an L).

--
Regards,
John Wilcox - Senior Technical Writer, TCSI, Seattle