FW: The repeated/quoted text in your message

Subject: FW: The repeated/quoted text in your message
From: "DeGuzman, Kathi" <Kathi -dot- Deguzman -at- Nextel -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 13:35:08 -0500

No offense Michele, but it sounds like anyone is smarter than that 12-year
old babysitter you came in contact with.

I have a 9 year old and I would not let her cook in the kitchen without
supervision. THere is always the possibility of an accident and with a stove
top, you can't be too careful. [ASIDE: I remember only too well when I set
fire to my
mom's stove because I was cooking something with oil -- and I was 14. It was
an accident, these things happen. Fortunately I remembered the course salt
and put the fire out before anything other than the stove was ruined. -- END
ASSIDE]

As for directions on the boxes of food, I think that the manufacturers gear
their writing toward those who they think will be doing the work. It is not
good enough to be old enough to read the directions, you have to be able to
understand what you are doing and why. In your example, you want to cook
mac
and cheese. Follow the directions for stove top cooking and you are done.
You have what you set out to get -- cooked mac and cheese. So, even if you
saw other directions, you already have your food, why are you going to
continue?

Kathi Jan DeGuzman
Senior Technical Writer
Kathi -dot- Deguzman -at- nextel -dot- com <mailto:Kathi -dot- Deguzman -at- nextel -dot- com>
When I hear somebody sigh that "Life is hard," I am always tempted to ask,
"Compared to what?" ~ Sidney J. Harris

<http://www.cybernation.com/victory/quotations/authors/quotes_harris_sidneyj
.html>