RE: job-related issues

Subject: RE: job-related issues
From: "John Locke" <mail -at- freelock -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 09:18:34 -0800

Jo wrote:
> I had a similar reaction after that concorde crashed killing
> people and some
> "comedian" rigged a photo of one to look like it had Firestone
> Wilderness AT
> tires - the same ones Ford and Firestone are having lawsuits over
> because people
> were killed.
>
> I didn't find it funny at all. People DIED!!! That is NOT funny.

I'd like to see that picture. Sounds hilarious to me...

With all due sensitivity to the tragic events of the week, c'mon people,
lighten up! Maybe lack of humor is part of the problem. Yeah, so people
died. People die every day. Sometimes it's funny (witness the Darwin
awards), sometimes it's not.

How about that cliche, "Laughter is the best medicine." Perhaps lack of
laughter contributed to this awful incident in the first place.

If you can't laugh about it, how are you going to deal with it?

Cheers,
John

Sponsored by an
anonymous satisfied subscriber since 1994.