RE: Post-holiday reality: RE-THREAD?

Subject: RE: Post-holiday reality: RE-THREAD?
From: Sharon Deitch <sharon -at- sintecmedia -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 11:07:51 +0200

> ^^^I wonder, do automotive manufacturers rely on tech writers to write
> owners'
> manuals? I wonder what the technical expertise of those writers is, or
> whether, like you and I, they are average car owners?

When I started out in this field four years ago, my dad told me a story
about a car manual experience he had. He wanted to do some work on the car
and opened the manual to the diagram of the engine, only to find that
someone goofed and put the picture in backwards (or they put the engine in
backwards <g>). I wonder if someone with technical expertise had proofed
the manual if he/she would have caught the mistake.

Shalom from sunny and bright Jerusalem,
Sharon

Sharon Deitch
Technical Writer
SintecMedia
Jerusalem, Israel
sharon -at- sintecmedia -dot- com

"It's amazing how much easier it is for a team to work together when no one
has any idea where they're going." Despair, Inc.

Sponsored by an
anonymous satisfied subscriber since 1994.