REAL-TIME User's Problem

Subject: REAL-TIME User's Problem
From: "DeGuzman, Kathi" <Kathi -dot- Deguzman -at- Nextel -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 16:04:50 -0500

Oh my gosh, if this doesn't take the cake.... My daughters both got a toy
for Christmas that puts decorative accents on clothes. It is called a
Jeweltastic... whatever.

Anyway, last night my older daughter wanted to try it, since I did not have
time to help her, I told her to ask her dad to help. When he gave me a
"look" that said, who me? What do I know about how to decorate clothes? I
said that I was sure he was quite capable of reading the instructions that
came with the product.

A while later he came and reported that there was a part missing. He had
checked in our other daughter's box and the same part was missing. He also
showed me the instructions (illustrated and very well written, I might add),
and pointed out the piece that was missing. Okay, what is a mother to do?

Today I went to the website of the manufacturer (I hesitate to name names
here) and through their customer service page sent a message regarding the
situation (pretty much paraphrased the way I did for this post). I just got
a reply to the message. This is it (word-for-word!!!)

"The new model is used without the guard. Please send me your name
and address and I'll send you a copy of the revised instructions."

Can you beat that? And here I thought the instructions were so well written,
easy to follow, nicely illustrated, etc.
Guess that is why tech writers should always have jobs..... updates,
upgrades, etc.

Kathi Jan DeGuzman
Senior Technical Writer
Kathi -dot- Deguzman -at- nextel -dot- com
When I hear somebody sigh that "Life is hard," I am always tempted to ask,
"Compared to what?" ~ Sidney J. Harris

Sponsored by an
anonymous satisfied subscriber since 1994.