RE: Post-holiday reality: They don't need our stinkin' manuals??

Subject: RE: Post-holiday reality: They don't need our stinkin' manuals??
From: "David Berg" <dberg -at- dmpnet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 13:45:09 -0600

This thread reminds me of an instructor (and in this case I use the term
very loosely) I once had who insisted on the students doing the homework
each evening. He had everyone lay their homework on their desks and came
around the class to check off in the gradebook whether each student had
filled in their worksheets.

One friend of mine, a couple of days after he realized that the teacher
wasn't paying any attention to WHAT was written in the blanks, filled in the
blanks interspersed in one paragraph with the words "The teacher is a dolt."
Similar sentences filled each paragraph throughout the assignment.

The instructor glanced at the sheet and checked off the homework, content to
see that the blanks were all filled in.

David

Sponsored by an
anonymous satisfied subscriber since 1994.