Re: Proposal writers

Subject: Re: Proposal writers
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 09:16:22 -0500

Herman Holtz wrote:

<snip> I was a proposal writer relatively early in the game--that
is, when the
> printed copy of the Commerce Business Daily was our chief source of
> information about proposals to anticipate, cost $15 per year for a
> subscription, and arrived in your office on its printed date. I was one of
> the first, if not the first (in this area, at least) to declare myself a
> proposal consultant, offering clients something more than writing experience
> and familiarity with the proposal process.
>
> It's been a long time since then, and a great many people have since
> become familiar with the proposal process. I have begun to wonder just how
> many on the techwr-l list are experienced in proposal writing. I invite any
> who are interested to sign in, perhaps with a word or two to indicate how
> often you do proposal work, whether or not you specialziein it, and
> anythinhg lese that you think might be of interest. I am wondering, in fact,
> if there would be an interest having a proposal SIG (special interest
> group).

Strange coincidence. I have just begun to write a proposal for a small
government contract, on behalf of a joint venture that I have just
become involved with. It is a lot easier to write for a third party,
than when you have a financial stake in the outcome of the proposal's
success. This is my first attempt for a government contract so any
information that comes to my attention will be devoured and hopefully
absorbed. (Hint, for some of the titles of Herman's books.)

--
Peter

There are few situations in life that cannot be resolved
promptly, and to the satisfaction of all concerned,
by either suicide, a bag of gold,
or thrusting a despised antagonist over a precipice on a dark night.
Ernest Bramah (Kai Lung stories)