Amounts unpaid?

Subject: Amounts unpaid?
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 12:27:12 -0500

Alan Hegarty wondered about ways to reword information:
<<Total unpaid amount Not overdue amount
273,58 85,60
Overdue amounts
1-30days 31-60days 61-90days 90+days
120,53 67,45>>

The biggest problem I have with both versions is not the "not overdue"
wording, but rather the repetition of redundant information, and the fact
that the "not overdue" appears first when (to me, as the person who would
have to pay) it's the overdue amounts that are most important. I assume
they're also most important to your employer. Thus, I'd propose the
following:

Amounts
Total due = $XXX
Overdue:
1-30 days = $XXX
Unpaid but not overdue: $XXX

This is simpler, and will thus be easier and less expensive to translate.

geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

"When ideas fail, words come in very handy."--Goethe