Re: About training opportunities?

Subject: Re: About training opportunities?
From: technical_writer -at- rte -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 7:45:3

Anon asks about training perks for captive employees.

My company gives me the same training benefit that the developers get. It
is a fixed $ amount per year, and can be used for anything related to the
training: conference or course fees, travel, lodging, other expenses, and
TIME OFF FROM WORK (calculated as #days at my usual pay rate).

Unless I want to use my vacation time, I have to 'buy' the extra days at
my
usual rate or make up the time by working extra hours before or after the
training opportunity. This policy applies whether I'm getting trained
myself or training others by teaching a course or presenting a paper,
unless I can convince the prez that delivering a paper is marketing the
company to potential customers. (I'm working on this, even as we
speak...er, type...er....)

Kat Nagel, kat_nagel -at- rte -dot- com