RE: A question about education

Subject: RE: A question about education
From: Jim Shaeffer <jims -at- spsi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 09:31:43 -0500

-----Original Message--<snipped>---
From: Tracey Claybon

I wanted to know if anyone had advice on whether it was better to
"transition" into TW via experience and catch as catch can, or to get a
community college certificate, or go to college in TW?
-----End Snip ------

You've had some excellent answers already, most dealing with what is
better for you.
The other way to interpret you question is "What is better for
(or looked on more favorably by) potential employers?" Answering
that question is a good exercise in audience analysis.
My bet is that employers will look more favorably on you experience in
technical support than on any tech writing certificate, but the best way
to find out is to ask them.

Jim Shaeffer
jims -at- spsi -dot- com