Re: FWD: RE: Troublesome Writers

Subject: Re: FWD: RE: Troublesome Writers
From: Bill Burns <bburns -at- scriptorium -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 08:30:14 -0700

My comments weren't aimed at you in particular. Instead, they were
meant as an expansion of the original comment.

Understood.

>And this context seemed to suggest that the comment was a retrospective
>assessment, not grounds given for firing.

But I don't think
that the manager is any better off if nobody else knows. The
manager's still in denial, either way. Aside from the moral issue,
denial makes the manager fundamentally unstable, and therefore more
likely to make bad business decisions.

Well, I was thinking about it in a different scenario altogether?a terminated employee's coworkers (which is where I've encountered it myself). But either way, I have to admit that it's denial in that instance as well. I was off the mark in my original post.

Obviously, hypocrisy pushes my buttons. So, if I came on a little
strong, my apologies.

That's okay. It obviously hit home.

Bill Burns, Senior Technical Consultant, Scriptorium Publishing
FrameMaker ACE, WebWorks Publisher Certified Trainer
bburns -at- scriptorium -dot- com - 208-484-4459
http://www.scriptorium.com