Problems Converting Frame Doc to PDF

Subject: Problems Converting Frame Doc to PDF
From: Shelly_Butcher <ShellyB -at- orsus -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 14:56:31 +0200

Hi Kim,

First, you might want to make sure that you've got the correct
and most recent Adobe Postscript driver.
Then make sure you have the right Postscript printer driver
installed for your printer.

Then, try the following:

Change your printer setup:
- Under the Graphic option, set the TrueType Font option to Substitute with
Device Font.

Change your Distiller settings:

1. Use the latest version of Acrobat, 4.05c or 4.05 update 2.
2. Choose the "Print Optimized" Distiller settings.
3. On the Job Options Compression tab, turn Resampling off in each
section. Choose ZIP and 8-bit in the top two sections
and either ZIP or Run Length in the third section. Check the box in the
fourth (bottom) section.
4. On the General tab, change to Acrobat 3.0 compatibility and 600 or
1200 dpi resolution (check your printer). Set the other options
according to your own preferences or your printer's instructions.
5. On the Fonts tab, check Embed All Fonts. You can check Subset All
Embedded Fonts below 100% if file size is an issue, although this may
cause some problems.
6. Review the other tabs with your printer.
7. Save the settings under a new name.

Also, check the Adobe technical guides and knowledge base.
http://www.adobe.com/support/techguides/framemaker/main.html
http://www.adobe.com/support/database.html

Good luck,

Shelly