RE: Framemaker Auto number and TOC

Subject: RE: Framemaker Auto number and TOC
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 13:51:06 -0500

Sure.

When you create your TOC (or right-click the TOC in book view and look at
the properties) select the paragraph style you want to include in the TOC.
If the style has an autonumber, the autonumber will display in the
generated TOC.

I was going to point you to the section in the FrameMaker 6 UG for tables of
contents. . . but don't bother. If you look in the index you'll get lost and
spend days bouncing between see also references (in the area of generated
files) and the chapter that deals with TOCs (Chapter 13) essentially
blows-off the subject of TOCs and focuses on Indexes <sigh>.

Anyway, you can add any paragraph style that you want to the TOC. If your
TOC already exists, you need to change the properties. If you have yet to
create the TOC, you'll be prompte to select and set the level of file types
that you want to include.

Cheers,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

Yes. TOCs and indexes are generated lists!!

Cheers,

Sean<br>
sean -at- quodata -dot- com