RE: FW: New TECHWR-L Poll Quest

Subject: RE: FW: New TECHWR-L Poll Quest
From: "Giordano, Connie" <Connie -dot- Giordano -at- FMR -dot- COM>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:04:00 -0500

Whirlers:

Damien's and others' answers indicate that developers often get tested for
proficiency--which makes me wonder why so many tech writers are offended by
writing tests. If the development staff takes some sort of test to prove
their proficiency, what makes writers so special? And no, I don't mean "how
to tie a shoe" type tests. I mean tests that show ability to grasp the
overall concept of the product, write some basic procedural and conceptual
information, and ask questions that demonstrate curiosity.

hoping it doesn't stir up too much of a ruckus

Connie Giordano