Ideas vs. Personalities

Subject: Ideas vs. Personalities
From: "George F. Hayhoe" <george -at- ghayhoe -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 09:27:51 -0500

Very early in my college days, I was taught that ad hominem arguments
were illogical and invalid, and that the conclusions drawn from them
were, at best, suspect.

There are plenty of good reasons for promoting one side or the other
of the issues discussed on this list. Can we please increase the
light-to-heat ratio by focusing on the ideas and not on the people who
promote or defend them?

--George Hayhoe (george -at- ghayhoe -dot- com)

George Hayhoe Associates
Voice: +1 (803) 642-2156
Fax: +1 (803) 642-9325
http://www.ghayhoe.com