Everything active on a dropdown menu bar

Subject: Everything active on a dropdown menu bar
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 10:53:05 -0800 (PST)

This question falls under the tricks that we accumulate through trial
and error.

I want to document, in my help, the dropdown menu bar in my
application. However, just like any "normal" application, some
elements are active (black text) and some are inactive (gray test).
Depending on what is highlighted, acitve, being used, etc., it is
impossible to have all of them black at the same time.

Does anyone have any tricks that they've used, aside from either
manual touchup in a paint program or multiple captures in different
modes and cutting/pasting black elements over gray elements, to
capture a dropdown menu where all the options in the dropdown appear
black? Ideally, this process would also be used to capture
right-click popup menus.

Thanks

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer,
in process of looking for next contract effective 1/1/01.

"I'm not flying. I'm falling...with style."
-- Buzz Lightyear

http://shopping.yahoo.com/