Re: So this is why...!

Subject: Re: So this is why...!
From: Pat Anderson <panders -at- aw -dot- sgi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 14:11:00 -0500

At 12:09 PM -0500 30/11/00, Dan Emory wrote:

>Nobody's blaming it on the engineers. Don't you think
>it's defective process, at least in part, that launches
>projects that have no chance of succeeding? That's
>what is suggested elsewhere in the article I cited.

I'd suggest that no-one launches a product that they expect will not succeed.
However, people and organizations may start down a given product path, and then, after substantial investigation, prototyping, and engineering, decide for one of many reasons that the project should be cancelled.

For more information on this approach to product development, please see the article in Fast Company about changes at General Motors: http://www.fastcompany.com/online/41/gm.html

...it has been suggested by some that, if every project a company launches turns into a successful product, the company isn't taking enough risks...

...pat.

Pat Anderson,
Documentation Manager, Design Products
Alias|Wavefront
tel: (416) 874-8375
email: panders -at- aw -dot- sgi -dot- com
http://www.aliaswavefront.com

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230