RE: Rotating an inserted Excel file in Word

Subject: RE: Rotating an inserted Excel file in Word
From: "John Fleming" <johnf -at- ecn -dot- ab -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 09:36:03 -0700

I'd like the answer too.

Last time I was faced with this challenge, I was producing a hard copy
document and used a crude workaround to create this effect. That is,
I printed the Word document with "blank pages" (headers and footers
only) where the Excel spreadsheets were supposed to be. I then stuck
the "blank pages" back in the printer and printed the spreadsheets.

That approach is cumbersome--and works *only* with hard copy
documents.

The other possible approach that's crossed my mind (though I have yet
to try it) is to set the spreadsheet up with the text running
vertically. (Format | Cells | select Alignment tab | set text
orientation using the Orientation feature). In other words, set the
spreadsheet up so a portrait orientation, when printed, will appear
as landscape.

If someone has a better approach, I am all ears.

--

John Fleming
Edmonton, Alberta

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230