RE: FrameMaker on Linux

Subject: RE: FrameMaker on Linux
From: "Gilger.John" <JGilger -at- acresgaming -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 10:19:38 -0800

Dan Emory wrote:

Adobe has just announced that "it has been unable to make the business
case" for FrameMaker on Linux platforms, and that the free Beta licenses
for that platform will expire on 31 December 2000.

The operative passage in the email sent to all beta license holders is as
follows:

Adobe has determined that it will not,
at this time, release a commercial version of FrameMaker or
FrameMaker+SGML on the Linux platform.
=============================
That beta of FrameMaker for Linux was nice, but I think a lot of us who
responded to their survey let them know we preferred pricing arrangements
like those Sun set up for StarOffice. Apparently Adobe hasn't caught the
open-source vision yet.

I guess we'll just have to stick with Emacs ;)

John Gilger
Techical Writer
Acres Gaming, Inc.
702.914.5585