RE: UK Style Guides

Subject: RE: UK Style Guides
From: Sian Petersson <sian -dot- petersson -at- idasys -dot- se>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 09:46:10 +0100

Grace asked about UK style guides:

I have worked in several places here in Sweden and we have always used
British spelling (well, I happen to come from Britain). A couple of months
ago we purchased Sun's "A Style Guide for the Computer Industry" and I can't
say I found anything in it contradicting my ideas on style. The spelling
differences are already well-defined in dictionaries so that is not what I
need help with when I look in a style guide.

So. I don't see any problem with consulting style guides that are produced
in the US. Or am I missing something?

/Siân

--
Siân Petersson sian -at- idasys -dot- se
Technical Writer, Ida Systems Ab

"Documents that communicate effectively reduce your company's
costs and increase customer satisfaction, both effects resulting in
increased profits."
"A Style Guide for the Computer Industry" Sun Technical Publications

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230