RE: Sound effect resources?

Subject: RE: Sound effect resources?
From: Emru Townsend <etownsen -at- Softimage -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 07:59:36 -0500

Ah, the joys of sound effects. I remember sitting in a sound studio during
my first year in animation at university, listening to a sound effects
library -- few effects more than a minute long -- for three hours straight.
I think the language centers in our brains were rewired after that.

I know of one Web site that has sound effects: Sound America
(http://www.soundamerica.com). I don't know what the quality is, though
they certainly have quantity.

Otherwise, there are hundreds of sound effects CDs out there, my favorites
being the ones from Sound Ideas and Hanna-Barbera. Stop by your local film
school or anywhere they teach broadcast media (a radio station might also be
helpful). I've also seen sound effects CDs at some libraries.

Emru Townsend, Information Developer | etownsen -at- softimage -dot- com
Softimage, Inc.
Personal page: http://purpleplanetmedia.com
Recent musings: http://www.montreal.com/tech/2000/10/17nap.html

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230