Re: Voice as a tool

Subject: Re: Voice as a tool
From: "Robyn Schell" <Robyn_schell -at- dccnet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 18:11:48 -0800

Here's something I thought tied in quite nicely to the topic of voice
recognition software.

I was reading a review on Thomas Homer-Dixon's 'The Ingenuity Gap'. The
author is referred to as being at the "forefront of new schloarship". In the
book, Homer-Dixon shows how we have created systems that are so complex
they have outstripped our ability to control them.

Homer-Dixon developed RSI while writing this book and lost the use of his
right arm during the last year he was working on this book. At one point he
couldn't even lift a glass.

He began to use voice recognition software and used it to complete his book.

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230