Re: Character Map vs. Framemaker HELP!!

Subject: Re: Character Map vs. Framemaker HELP!!
From: Dan Emory <danemory -at- primenet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 14:39:18 -0800

At 05:05 PM 11/22/00 -0500, Archimede Ziviello wrote:

I need a character that appears in the character map for the font I am

using. But, it is not appearing when I do the keystrokes as directed by the
character map.

What gives?
Of course, without knowing what character is causing the problem, and
not knowing whether you are properly typing the keystrokes, it's
difficult to know what the problem is. I suggest you take the following
approach:

1. Open the online manual for character sets, and locate the character you want
enter.

2. Move the mouse pointer so it is just to the left of the character/symbol you
want to enter, press and hold down the CTRL key, and move the mouse to the right
so as to highlight the symbol, and then copy it to the clipboard.

3. Paste the symbol into your document. If the correct character or symbol appears,
then you are not typing the keystrokes properly. If the character or symbol does
not appear, then I don't know what's wrong, but something is.

| Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
Voice/Fax: 949-722-8971 E-Mail: danemory -at- primenet -dot- com
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646
majordomo -at- omsys -dot- com with "subscribe framers" (no quotes) in the body.