Re: Improving the Quality of the List

Subject: Re: Improving the Quality of the List
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 11:45:32 -0800

Philip Sharman wrote:

> However, I also don't find the meandering threads much of a problem ... if
> I don't think the subject interests me I don't read the emails. (Why is
> that so difficult for so many people? Do people not know how to set up
> filters and mailboxes in their email client? I don't get it.)

I can't imagine that tech-writers don't know how to use filters (or,
at the very least, that they couldn't learn to set them up) However,
people could also use the news group. If they have a threaded
newsreader, they can easily avoid threads they're not interested
int.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
Contributing Editor, Maximum Linux

"If religion is the opium of the people, then TV is the heroin."
- Kev Carmody

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230