RE: Improving the Quality of the List

Subject: RE: Improving the Quality of the List
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- jci -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 09:31:20 -0600

Yes, we oldtimers get tired of all the same-old, same-old on the list. I,
for one example, don't remember the last time a new topic appeared. (Even
this one is on at least its fourth or fifth time around.)

But so what? I've long since gotten past the notion that the world in
general, or this list in particular, should be ordered to my design. I'll
read the subject line on the message, and the poster's name, and decide if
I want to bother opening it. The fact an e-mail has arrived in my inbox is
not, in itself, sufficient reason for me to read it.

I don't think I'm that much different from the rest of the list members on
that score.

You want to see well thought out essays on a topic? Write one yourself and
see what happens.

If I may paraphrase the great Tom Lehrer, this list is like a sewer, what
you get out of it depends on what you put into it. You want to improve the
general quality of the list? Make your posts a real live example of the
kind of stuff you want to read.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224