Re: A Newbie's opinion RE: ADMIN: FYI

Subject: Re: A Newbie's opinion RE: ADMIN: FYI
From: "Donn S Le Vie, Jr." <dlevie -at- austin -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 15:48:52 -0600

Nancy:

Don't be disheartened by comments from people whose hemorrhoid transplants
weren't successful. Just look at all the great people who do offer friendly,
substantive advice....advice that many of them probably charge clients for
and we're getting for free. You'll find all kinds of issues on this
site...from the mundane and trite ("is it e-commerce or eCommerce?"), to the
truly advanced.

Here's my survival method:
I receive about 150 emails a day...90 percent of them from this list. I have
the scroll-down key under one finger and the delete key under the other. I
don't have the time or inclination to read every email or even bother to
pitch in to help with every question because there are so many knowledgeable
folks here. Anything worth keeping is archived. The rest is deleted.

This list does maintain archives so I can always go back and look for
something that in the future might prove to be valuable.

Just consider the sources when you read the vitriolic responses and remember
that they are a small yet vocal minority. And yes, it does seem at times
that perhaps the previous operation I mentioned was a vocal chord transplant
instead...; )

Hang in there..

Donn Le Vie
Consultant