Re: ADMIN: FYI

Subject: Re: ADMIN: FYI
From: Susan Guttman <sguttman -at- semantix -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 14:25:31 -0500

Another way in which personal attitudes can hamper professional ability: I
once worked with a writer who, while sweet, was extremely defensive; you
couldn't give her any feedback (and I do mean *any*) without it being
interpreted as a personal attack, leading to long denials and sulking. In my
personal view, you can't improve your work without feedback, plain and
simple.
We ended up letting her go because she wasn't a very good technical writer,
and, as she couldn't be told what she needed to do to improve her skills,
she couldn't be a useful team member.

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230