Blabbermouths (was ADMIN: FYI)

Subject: Blabbermouths (was ADMIN: FYI)
From: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 11:27:59 -0800 (PST)

--- Dan Emory <danemory -at- primenet -dot- com> wrote:

> Andrew Plato, on the other hand, despite my frequent
> differences with him, has the ideal temperament for
> a recruiter. His obvious focus is on finding people who
> know how to get the job done, regardless of the working
> conditions, and he could care less about those traits which
> are unrelated to that essential quality.

Uhh, thanks Dan - I think. Could you submit that in XML format to me? :-)

Honestly, the best recruiters are thorough. They ask a lot of questions and
take the time to get to know a person.

You're correct, I think finding people who can get the job done is more
important than finding a person who has a stellar personality. People with
brash, passionate opinions can often be the best workers because they have
exceptionally well developed work ethics. In my experience, some of the best
programmers and writers are actually quite irritating.

However, there is a limit. There are also a lot of blabbermouths who just talk
and talk about their amazing skills but cannot demonstrate them. Only a
comprehensive interview and skills assessment would determine their real
capabilities.

I would never rely on something a person said on an Internet board such as
TECHWRL be the determining factor in interviewing or hiring somebody. That
seems remarkably shallow to me. Internet boards do not reflect the actual
person. I think anybody who has met me in person would attest that I am not as
acerbic in person as I am on TECHWRL.

Andrew Plato

http://calendar.yahoo.com/

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230