Re: converting to HTML

Subject: Re: converting to HTML
From: Sandy Harris <sandy -at- storm -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 14:19:37 -0500

O'Reilly (www.ora.org) "HTML: The Definitive Guide" is an excellent reference.

> 2) Word goes to HTML doesn't it? But with some fixes. Once again learn how to
> code.

The World Wide Web Consortium (w3c.org) have tools -- HTML tidy and a validator --
for checking HTML for standards compliance. Use them, expecially if you're creating
the HTML with Microsoft tools.

They also have a free browser/editor valled Amaya.

> Now I know someone is going to bash me and say my methods are antiquated, but I
> like to control my own code, so those are the options I'd use, if I had to port
> from Word to HTML.

Except that I prefer wordpad to notepad, I agree completely.

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230