Re: ADMIN: FYI

Subject: Re: ADMIN: FYI
From: ccallen -at- beckman -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 09:31:33 -0800

>Right On! The "recruiter" who responded on this thread by
stating that he rates people on this list based on their
obnoxiousness quotient and has compiled a s--- list of
those whom he would not recommend to his clients
has, unwittingly perhaps, put himself and his company
on most TECHWR-L subscribers' s--- lists, and deservedly
so. Hopefully, the outcome of this will be that he is forced to
find another line of work, since he clearly hasn't a clue about
what it takes to be an effective recruiter of TWs.

>Andrew Plato, on the other hand, despite my frequent
differences with him, has the ideal temperament for
a recruiter. His obvious focus is on finding people who
know how to get the job done, regardless of the working
conditions, and he could care less about those traits which
are unrelated to that essential quality.

Depends on what you mean by "get the job done." Personality traits often
affect a writer's ability to accomplish the work. I once worked with a
writer who was barred from the building that housed the SMEs (as well as
the equipment we were documenting) because of his abrasive and abusive
personality. His technical skills were outstanding, but he was obviously
unable to "get the job done."

Carma
ccallen -at- beckman -dot- com

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230