RE: MAC and PageMaker

Subject: RE: MAC and PageMaker
From: chasity mcwilliams <chas -at- fcs -dot- uga -dot- edu>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 12:06:29 -0700

I only use PageMaker for printing purposes and don't use
it a great deal. So, I couldn't attest to how easy it is
to learn. I can tell you that if you have a Mac PowerPC
(usually any mac made after 96') you should not have a
problem working cross-platform. I currently use a Mac G4
as well as a Dell Dimension at work. I have never had a
platform related problem when moving between the two.
There are two rules that you will need to follow.
1. Make sure that you are using the same version of the
application on both platforms.
2. Always remember that the Mac can read the PC format but
the PC can't read the Mac. So always use PC formatted disks
no matter what computer you are on, and always remember to
include an extension to the file name when you are on a
Mac.

"You're not dying, you just can't think of anything
good to do."
-Ferris B.

chasity mcwilliams
chas -at- fcs -dot- uga -dot- edu