RE: ADMIN: FYI

Subject: RE: ADMIN: FYI
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 07:42:38 -0800 (PST)

Its funny. Some people on this list would say that I'm one of the
ruder list participants. I just have a lower BS tolerance than some.
However, my manager at my current contract was a lurker on the list
and had contacted me BECAUSE of my approach on this list.

BTW...I'm still there, been renewed several times and everything
seems to be fine (BTW...my sig says I'm looking for a repolacement
contract...that's MY wishes.)

--- Mike Stockman <stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com> wrote:
> On 11/15/00 10:59 PM, David Demyan (dbdemyan -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net)
> wrote:
>
> >As a recruiter, I **always** check postings and archives when
> hiring.
> >On the assumption that the rude ones would give my clients a hard
> time, I don't consider them.
>
> Ruling out candidates because they're rude is like keeping an
> excellent
> doctor away from your tumor because of his lousy bedside manner. A
> good writing candidate is good for reasons other than personality.
> I have encountered many very nice, polite people who were lousy
> technical writers. Great people to have lunch with, though.
>
> If you actually have clients who say "give me a writer who may
> suck, but won't give me a hard time," go ahead and do what you
> **always** do... but the ones who ask for quality writers may
> feel slighted that you omitted the rude ones.

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer,
in process of looking for next contract effective 1/1/01.

"Profundity of thought belongs to youth, clarity
of thought to old age." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

http://calendar.yahoo.com/

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230