RE: Future Tense in Tech Writing

Subject: RE: Future Tense in Tech Writing
From: Marguerite Krupp <mkrupp -at- cisco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:22:42 -0500

I agree with Jim Hager. Unless there's a strong reason for doing otherwise,
I use the present tense and active voice. For the user, the action happens
in the present. And the auxiliary verb is just taking up scarce brain cycles
and screen real estate.

Marguerite

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230