Re: Are Zip drives obsolete?

Subject: Re: Are Zip drives obsolete?
From: "David Berg" <dberg -at- dmpnet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 11:30:39 -0600

It's a little worse than that even, it's essentially a hardware virus.

If a disk starts to click in one drive, then you're likely to have the click
show up with any subsequent disks that you put in that drive. Likewise, if
you have a disk that has ever clicked in a drive and attempt to put it into
another drive, that drive will probably start to click and damage any disks
that you put into the drive after that.

The fix that you mentioned from the internet is a very iffy deal, the click
is a problem caused by hardware damage.

David

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230