Re: Progress software

Subject: Re: Progress software
From: puff -at- guild -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 100 01:18:25 -0500 (EST)

Michele writes:
> It's an Open Source database. Ask one of your developers, I'm almost positive
> D&T does Linux service agreements.

Interesting; I hadn't heard they'd gone open-source. Hm,
according to this the database you're referring to is MySQL, which
Progress didn't develop, but they spun off a subsidiary to support it.

Back in 92-95 I worked for a company that competed with Progress
in the Pick database market. Progress also makes a bunch of other
products, like SonicMQ, which just two days ago somebody was telling
me provides an extremely fast implementation of the java JMS message
queue API. Small world, hm?

Steven J. Owens
puff -at- guild -dot- net

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230