RE: Books on Writing Functional Specifications

Subject: RE: Books on Writing Functional Specifications
From: Tom Eagles <teagles -at- DERIVION -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 10:37:41 -0500

----John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

> Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2000 11:23 AM
> Subject: Re: Books on Writing Functional Specifications
>

> I don't have a problem with answering an intelligent question over
> and over.
>
> My problem is with people that spend so little effort looking for the
> information on their own that they can't crank up their little
> browser and enter two words in the search space or don't bother
> looking at the archives to see if the EXACT same question was asked
> about 2 weeks ago.

If I were to ask a question such as the one asked here, I would be doing so
because it occurred to me that there may be someone on the list who has
written many more functional specs than I, and they may know of books that I
won't find by searching the Web. OTOH, IF this question WAS asked only two
weeks ago and was properly answered at that time, then the person should
have got that from the archives. If they searched the archives and there
were no satisfactory answers there, it may not hurt to post again. Perhaps
two weeks later someone who was on vacation before will be able to provide a
valuable answer. In any case, it isn't a big deal.

Tom Eagles
Documentation Manager,
Derivion Canada Corporation
teagles -at- derivion -dot- com