Need help with a research project

Subject: Need help with a research project
From: pzhu -at- ttacs -dot- ttu -dot- edu
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 14:44:09 -0600

Dear Sir/Madam:
My name is Pinfan Zhu. I am from Guilin,
P.R.China. I am now studying as a Ph.D student in
technical communication in the English Department of
Texas Tech University. I study under the guidance of
Dr. Sam Dragga. I am now doing a research project whose
purpose is to find out the common errors in technical
documentation. I need your help with the project. I
would be very grateful to you if you could answer the
following questions for me. My project is scheduled to
complete before November 24. I hope to get your answer
a few days before this date. My e-mail address is Pzhu
@TTACS.TTU.EDU Again many, many thanks.

Questions:
1.As a technical editor or writer, waht kinds of
technical documents do you often work with?

2.In the technical documents you work with, what kinds
of errors do you often find?

3.Would you please cite a few examples of these common
errors?

4. Please rank the following kinds of errors according
to frequency of occurence, with 1 being most freequent
and 4 being least frequent.
Spelling
Punctuation
Grammar
Word Choice

5. What kind of errors do you find it most difficult to
correct?

6. Please tell me something about yourself
a. Years of Professional Experience:
b. Educational Background:
c. Company or Industry
d. Other information you consider pertinent:

Yours sincerely
Pinfan Zhu

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230