RE: E-mail is correct, email isn't

Subject: RE: E-mail is correct, email isn't
From: "Sarah Bane" <Sarah -dot- Bane -at- spectrumretail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 14:39:07 -0600

When I pointed out,
~|>> Unfortunately, it really is "web grammer," which IMO
~|>> doesn't exactly
~|>> enhance the credibility of the site.
Bill Swallow responded,
~|>
~|>True, but at least we all now know when to use "big
~|>letters" and "little letters".
~|>
~|>*LOL*

Bill, that's "The Big N" and "wee bitty" letters!

~|>And what's with the tone? I felt like I was in middle
~|>school again, and was sitting through a fellow
~|>classmate's presentation.
~|>
~|>I hate to be so cynical (well, OK, maybe not), but I
~|>have a hard time treating this article with any
~|>respect. If you're going to make a point, don't
~|>counter it with a contrary presentation.

There's a lesson here for you students on the list. Trying to sound
cutesy, as the writer of the article does, is another effective way
(besides littering your work with mistakes) to ensure that readers don't
take you seriously.

According to the page, the author <<currently writes for The Dallas
Morning News, is a technical assistant at NYU, develops and maintains
various Web sites for nonprofit organizations, is the co-editor of a
monthly nonprofit organization's newsletter, and has a part-time job as
an analyst with a telecommunications company until something comes along
in the Web design world.>> Lord have mercy!

Sarah Bane
Day job: Technical Writer, SpectrumRetail, Inc.--powered by ProphetLine
Night job: Associate Instructor, Westark College
sarah -dot- bane -at- spectrumretail -dot- com
sbane -at- systema -dot- westark -dot- edu

Opinions expressed are my own and not endorsed by SpectrumRetail or by
Westark.

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230