Wizards

Subject: Wizards
From: rhoggan -at- lewis -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 17:18:00 -0600

Let me preface this post by saying I couldn't find any information on this
doing simple searches in the archives and on the Internet. If this
information has been addressed before, I offer my apologies.

A few years ago at my company, documentation was assigned the task of
developing "Performance Support." The original proposal (drafted up by
another writer that is no longer an employee) mentioned Tutorials and
Wizards. I can handle tutorials, and my searches have provided great leads
on software purchase for CBT software; however, I draw a blank on Wizards.
Does anybody know basic details about creating wizards? Are they advanced
programming items, or are they simple enough that the average tech-writer
could figure them out after no more than a week of intensive studying?
There used to be a program out there called "Wanda the Wizard Wizard" which
created wizards with a wizard. Does anybody know about the company involved
with that software or of any other companies that might offer similar
software?

TIA,

Royce Hoggan

TECH*COMM 2000 Conference, Help Technology Conference, and more
http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230