RE: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Subject: RE: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
From: Jill Waite <jwaite -at- criticaldevices -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 10:15:04 -0600

I use a mouse with an optical trackball, and it is positioned such that my
entire forearm rests on the desk when my hand is on the mouse. My thumb
gets tired, but my wrist never moves. There are other devices in which one
of the fingers (instead of the thumb) move the ball. It seems to help.

Jill Waite
Dallas

From: RUBOTTOM, AL
I heartily recommend the Comfort Point "gliding wrist support" product,
which cradles your mouse-hand's wrist in a foam-lined support that slides on
its own pad. [dunno 'bout lefties...]
Bought it for $20 at a local computer store.
On their web site, http://www.comfortpoint.com , are links to vendors, etc.
{ERIC: This is NOT an ad! Personal experience report / referral
exclusively!}

From: Sanjay Srikonda
I don't know if this is valid or not, but earlier this year, I started
> getting ganglion cysts on my wrists. The doctor said that they were due
> my working on a computer all the time. He suggested getting one of those
> gel-type wrist and mouse pads. They have been a godsend in my opinion.
> went and bought one for my parents and basically everyone I know. The
> hard
> foam rubber type wrist and mouse rests are not as good and are as bad as
> putting your hand on the desktop I've found.

TECH*COMM 2000 Conference, Help Technology Conference, and more
http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230